If you’re looking for marine hand rail fittings, you’ve come to the right place. Hiever offers variety of pipe rail fittings with high quality and competitive price, made from 316 marine grade stainless steel, mirror polished with excellent anti-corrosion and anti-rust properties. We have almost any kinds of rail fittings you may need, including different types of rail tee, elbow, handrail. If you need more information about the pipe rail fittings, please contact us directly !
What is rail fittings?
Rail fittings let you build rigid bow, stern and cabintop handrail and lifeline systems, dodgers, and other canvas/tubing assemblies, providing secure handholds and/or rigid barriers around your boat’s perimeter. Made in a variety of shapes and angles, these components can accommodate the many configurations possible on a boat. They are available in two diameters: 7/8″dia., generally used on smaller powerboats, and 1″dia., used on sailboats and larger powerboats. Below is the normal rail fittings we used including rail bases, tees, bow forms, universal tees, elbows.
Rail bases connect the tubing to the deck of a boat. They are available in many angles, from 30° to 90°. They are available with round or rectangular bases.
Tees are like plumbing tees, and form a three-way connection between tubes.
Bow forms connect two tubes at about a 110° or 125° angle.
Universal tees are like normal tees except the third leg intersects at a 60° angle.
Elbows are 90° inter.
What is the material of the rail fittings?
Rail fittings are made from two materials: zamak (a zinc-aluminum alloy) and Type 316 stainless steel. Zamak fittings have a highly polished look when new, but only a modest amount of corrosion resistance when subjected to saltwater, so we recommend them for freshwater environments only. Stainless steel fittings are stronger and have outstanding corrosion resistance, at a premium price. Match materials between system components to minimize the effects of galvanic corrosion between dissimilar metals. The rail fittings we sold are marine grade stainless steel 304 or 316 according to your requirement.
How to install the rail fittings?
- Place the bent tube, such as bow rails with fittings attached in position, along with the tubing it attaches to.
- Attach all additional slide-on fittings onto the tube and secure with the provided setscrews. You may need to refer back to set screw punctures on the old tube to determine where the new fittings should be located, especially if the tube is new.
- Make sure any fittings be attached to the deck using stainless steel screws and a screwdriver or drill.
How to care and maintenance the rail fittings?
- Wash with soap and water and avoid harsh chemicals, especially bleach.
- Apply a polish coating regularly in order to added protection and beauty.
- Never use course abrasives such as sandpaper or steel wool.
- Remove stain spots as soon as possible with a brass, silver or chrome cleaner.
- Keeping your products clean and in good condition is one of the best ways to keep them looking great. If you keep them clean and protected, you should find that they stay looking great for long time.
Hiever focus on designing, manufacturing, marketing and serving of high quality marine boat hardware, accessories and other stainless steel parts for industrial, commerical fields since 2003. Through strict quality control, good service and customized solution, we have been grown with many branded customers both home and abroad.
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Tel: +86-535-4412783
- Mobile: +86-15953537010
- Address: #611, No.5, Hengshan Road, ETDZ, Yantai, China (Shandong) Pilot Free Trade Zone